Saturday, July 4, 2009

Robert D. Ballard On Inner Space Exploration



"Everything I'm gonna present to you was not in my textbooks when I went to school. And most of it was not even in my college textbooks. I'm a geophysicist and (all my earth science books) when I was a student I had to give the wrong answer to get an A. We used to ridicule continental drift. It was something we laughed at." -- Robert D. Ballard, geophysicist, May 2008

"Most of our planet does not feel the warmth of our sun. Most of our planet is in eternal darkness." -- Robert D. Ballard, geophysicist, May 2008

NPR: Robert Ballard: 50 Years Exploring Deep Waters.

Talk of the Nation, July 3, 2009 · Deep-sea voyager Robert Ballard has discovered everything from 10-foot-tall tube worms to the Titanic on his ocean expeditions around the world. Ballard discusses his underwater finds and how new robotic technology allows scientists to explore the sea from ashore.
TED talk: Robert Ballard on exploring the oceans.

Happy Dependence Day.

No comments: